Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Twitter is my new information source

I've already blogged recently the ways in which Twitter has enhanced my ability to connect to people and collaborate with them. Today I bring you a story of Twitter bringing me news before CNN or anyone else could. Yesterday, I was clearing out my inbox, when Barbara S. sent me a direct Twitter message informing me that the U of R was under lockdown and that I should pay attention to Jim Groom's tweets. Well, several of my Twitter friends are at the U of R, so glancing at my feed, I realized there was a play by play of the whole situation. I sent my well wishes and continued to follow the action.

The whole incident was written up in the Chronicle's Wired Campus Blog, a fact I found out via Twitter. This happens to me all. the. time. I really do get good information from Twitter, links to products, links to research, quick answers to questions. It really is a cool tool.