- I used to sing in a church choir. I even sang a few solos. It was the one thing I liked about church. I still enjoy singing in my car and in the kitchen while I cook. I used to sing the kids to sleep. They still remember it.
- I have a teddy bear that's 37 years old. I used to bring him out every year for Christmas to celebrate his birthday. I haven't done that in about five years. He's alive and well (though decrepit) in the attic.
- I was once part of an all-women's Quake team. I was 28 or 29 at the time. All the other women were 19-22. We used to regularly beat teams made up of teenaged boys. It was a great stress reliever.
- I had a dog named Boo (just like the song). Boo was an avid car chaser and was hit by a UPS truck when I was 11. Ten years later, my dad got another dog and named him Boo II.
- I changed my major 8 times in college. I started out as an English major, but I considered French, Business, Economics, International Studies and various combinations of those before returning to English again. At one point, I wanted to be an International Business Lawyer. Sometimes I wish I had majored in Computer Science, but they didn't even have that as a major then.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Five things about me
Barbara tagged me and I thought this would be an interesting thing for the new year. Is there anything you all don't know about me? Of course. Here's a few: