Monday, October 17, 2005

So much to say, I'm stuck

I actually have about four millions things on my mind, none of which will cohere into a post, so let's do some bullets, like others I know.
  • Working on an article, wonder if I'll get it finished this week. How much more outside stuff do I need?
  • Need to formulate something to talk to my boss about. Must be in coherent sentences.
  • Reading Six Degrees; lost a little in the science, but actually find the whole concept fascinating, and a little scary. It seems that a lot of the things that we try to "fix"--poverty, getting more women in CEO positions--are affected by this theory. It makes sense and it seems hard to reverse. Hopefully, I'll have more on this later.
  • GTD is progressing, though the living room has stagnated a bit.
  • Supposed to meet with the personal trainer again tonight, but thinking of moving him to tomorrow because I need to go to a talk. Yep, think I'll do that; don't want to be rushed.
  • Let me note for the record that I do about 80% of the housework around here. Or at least it feels that way right now. My cleaning woman does 10%. My son does 5%. Yeah, you get the picture.
  • The above being said, Mr. Geeky does 60-70% of the childcare.
  • Writing is going swimmingly, just swimmingly. Took last night off, but have been writing every night this week. Page accumulation is slow because I'm doing a lot of revising, but it's coming. I'm working on two projects at once which is nice. When I run out of things to write about one, I switch to the other. I'm generally only writing an hour a night, though at least one night, I was on a roll and wrote for two. When I get stuck, I push a little bit, but generally, I just leave it for the next day. Seems to be working. Feeling pretty good about it.
  • Time for a shower and getting kids ready for school and me for work.
  • Maybe I'll be more coherent later.