Yesterday, I got a small taste of what my semester is going to be like. Here's what the day looked like:
1. Up at 6:30, blogging and drinking coffee.
2. Out the door at 8:15.
3. Work, work, work--lots of it.
4. Collapse at 4:00, realize there's one more thing to do.
5. Get involved in helping colleague, decide to take "one more thing" home.
6. Go home. Make dinner.
7. Eat dinner.
8. Phone call from friend.
9. Go for a walk.
11. Read Harry Potter to the kids.
12. Begin work on "one more thing."
13. Finish task at 11-ish. Decide to catch up on blogs.
14. Read Wired.
15. Go to sleep at 12-ish.
16. Up at 6:20.
Until last night, I had been getting a solid 7-8 hours of sleep. I'm going to have to get used to this because I think it will be my life until the first week of December. There will always be one more thing to do. I am trying to preserve my writing and walking time, no matter what. Of course, I might go insane. So far, I feel very calm about the whole thing. I'll manage. Somehow, I can write and blog and teach a class and be a soccer mom and do a job. Right? I think so, anyway. Talk to me in a week.