Though my first day back at work wasn't so bad, I've been thinking off and on about what would be good and bad about not working.
Five (superficial) reasons to stay at home:
1. I could shower whenever I want.
2. I could walk at 3:00 instead of 6:30 and meet the kids at the bus at the end of the walk.
3. I could read and write whenever and wherever I wanted--home, Starbucks, library.
4. My house would be neater.
5. Baths in the middle of the day.
Five (superficial) reasons not to stay home:
1. There's no money in it.
2. Adult conversations would largely consist of awkward moments with other moms discussing discipline and homework.
3. No need for nice clothes.
4. Better restaurants near work.
5. After my brain goes to mush, I might spiral into an ugly depression that would lead to institutionalization, divorce, and misery all around.